Correctness Checking of Pervasive Behaviour by Mapping Task Models to Petri Nets
Context-Adaptive Task models are a state-of-the-art executable
modelling language to develop pervasive computing
systems. Although these models have proven to be successful
in the automation and support of user daily tasks, they do
not provide a proper checking for ensuring the correctness
of the designed systems. In this paper, we investigate and
define mappings to translate the task models into Coloured
Petri Nets (CPN), a formalism that provides powerful techniques
for simulation and verification. By using these mappings,
task models can be translated to their equivalent CP
nets, enabling that the systemâ€™s behaviour described in the
task models can be exhaustively checked at design time to
ensure a proper system execution at runtime.
cases: requirements for a pervasive health care system.
Software, IEEE, 21(2):34â€“41, 2004.
2. S BartkeviË‡cius, R Kragnys, and K Ë‡ Sarkauskas. Global
variables in colored petri nets. Electronics and Electrical
engineering: Signal Technology, (5):69, 2006.
3. Peter Dadam and Manfred Reichert. The adept project: a
decade of research and development for robust and
flexible process support. Computer Science-Research
and Development, 23(2):81â€“97, 2009.
4. E.Serral, P.Valderas, and V.Pelechano. Supporting
runtime system evolution to adapt to user behaviour. In
Proc. of CAiSEâ€™10, pages 378â€“392, 2010.
5. Kurt Jensen. Coloured petri nets. Springer, 1987.
6. P. Johnson. Tasks and situations: considerations for
models and design principles in human computer
interaction. In HCI International, pages 1199â€“1204,
7. Seng W Loke, Sucha Smanchat, Sea Ling, Maria
Indrawan, et al. Formal mirror models: an approach to
just-in-time reasoning for device ecologies. Int. J. Smart
Home, 2(1):15â€“32, 2008.
8. Chun Ouyang, Eric Verbeek, Wil MP Van Der Aalst,
Stephan Breutel, Marlon Dumas, and Arthur HM
Ter Hofstede. Formal semantics and analysis of control
flow in ws-bpel. Science of Computer Programming,
9. Fabio Paterno. ConcurTaskTrees: An Engineered
Approach to Model-based Design of Interactive Systems.
10. Mahadev Satyanarayanan. Pervasive computing: Vision
and challenges. Personal Communications, IEEE,
11. E. Serral, P. Valderas, and V.Pelechano.
Context-adaptive coordination of pervasive services by
interpreting models during runtime. The Computer
Journal, 56(1):87â€“114, 2013.
12. EstefanÄ±a Serral, Johannes De Smedt, and Jan
Vanthienen. Extending cpn tools with ontologies to
support the management of context-adaptive business
processes. In Data- and Artifact- Centric BPM
Workshop in BPM 2014, 2014.
13. EstefanÂ´Ä±a Serral, Luca Sabatucci, Chiara Leonardi,
Pedro Valderas, Angelo Susi, Massimo Zancanaro, and
Vicente Pelechano. Incorporating users into ami system
design: From requirements toward automation. In ISD
2013, pages 499â€“511. 2013.
14. A. Shepherd. Hierarchical Task Analysis. Taylor &
Francis, London, 2001.
15. Tony Spiteri Staines. Intuitive mapping of uml 2 activity
diagrams into fundamental modeling concept petri net
diagrams and colored petri nets. In ECBS 2008, pages